Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 1

  • During the QRG project, some of the challenges I had were figuring out how to start my introduction, how to organize my QRG, and what I wanted my title to be for each heading and for the entire QRG. I ended up jotting down ideas for my introduction and once I finished my rough draft, I cleaned up my intro. For each heading I asked my sister to help with the titles and I also looked at the information I mostly discussed in each section and started writing down possible headings. From there, I just chose the one I liked the most. 
  • I thought I was successful in using quotes throughout my QRG because reading the chapters in the RFW and SG books helped me understand how to use a quote in my writing. 
  • The most effective design choice for my project came from the QRG about the Gamegate. I felt that this design best suited my controversy because it was kind of formal and eye-catching. Some of the rhetorical strategies that helped me in this project are: visual arrangement, appeals to values or beliefs shared by the audience, personal stories, references to credible sources, and images. Images helped create an emotional appeal for my audience and the visual arrangement helps to catch the reader's eye when reading the text. Appealing to the audience's values/ beliefs and personal stories allows the reader to gain my trust in using credible sources.
  • The writing process for this project was similar to other writing experiences I had in the past because I have had to research and use credible sources, cite them, quote them, and analyze them.
  • The writing process for this project was different to other experiences I had in the past because I have never written an annotated bibliography before. I have also never written blogs/reflections on different stages of my writing processes nor have I ever written a QRG before.
  • The skills I used in this project would definitely be helpful in other coursework because I am able to find all sorts of credible sources by referring back to this project. I am also able to format other coursework in different ways and use different strategies to appeal to different audiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment