Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

The two drafts I reviewed were Jessica's and Jake's letters.
Links to peer reviews:
Jake
Jess


  • In my letter, I am specifically addressing my English 102 classmates and instructor. 
  • My readers may be biased when reading my letter because their opinions about writing will differ from my own. I believe that I am respecting their opinions in my letter while also achieving my own purpose. 
  • My audience may value writing as a whole or they may value only parts of the writing process. For example, one of my peers in her letter talks about her love for writing (visit Jessica's link above), while others discuss their hatred for writing about something they are not interested in (visit Jake's link above). My readers probably expect me to talk about what kind of writer I believe I am and what I like and dislike about writing. I believe I adequately meet these expectations throughout my letter because I address their expectations.
  • I need to give my audience enough information for them to understand my point of view on writing and what I have learned throughout my year in first year writing courses. I believe that my giving at least one example on each of my points, I will have enough background information without insulting their expertise. 
  • Formal language as well as definitions we all have gone over in this class would be appropriate for this letter. 
  • I believe that my tone should be informative and friendly because I am addressing my peers in my letter. I believe my tone is used consistently throughout my draft. 


No comments:

Post a Comment